Museum logo

Object Record

  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1949.012.001
Object Name Drawing
Description Hand-drawn design for a Detroit Historical Society logo by William Edward Kapp in ink on board. The design consists of an overhead view of the walls of Fort Shelby, including outlines of interior buildings, in white against a black circle. The corners of the walls protrude slightly beyond the edge of the circle. The text, "Detroit Historical Society" curves around the outside of the circle. "From the office William Edward Kapp, Architect, Buhl Building, Detroit," is stamped in the lower right corner.
Artist Kapp, William Edward
Collection Detroit Historical Society
Date c. 1949
Dimensions W-10.375 L-11.625 inches
Material Paper
People Kapp, William Edward
Search Terms Detroit Historical Society
Fort Shelby
William E. Kapp
Year Range to 1949.0