|Title||1905 Henry Leland's Cadillac "Osceola"|
1905 Cadillac "Osceola." Personal use of Henry M. Leland, General Manager of Cadillac Motor Car Company. Leland was also president of the Leland & Faulconer Manufacturing Co., which produced engines for Olds and later Cadillac. Body made under the supervision of Fred Fisher, and it is the first fully enclosed car built by Cadillac.
Leland explored the idea of a vehicle closed to the weather. He enjoyed it so much it remained his personal runabout for years, and was named "Osceola" to honor a Florida Seminole chief he admired after reading the poem "The Seminole's Defiance" by G.W. Patten.
The car has a dark blue body with black hood and underframe and it is an all-wood 2-Door vehicle with wood artillery wheels. It has a one-cylinder engine that was one of the first to be produced with all interchangeable parts, and was known for its reliability. It burns only white gas.
|Dimensions||H-87 W-67 L-118 inches|
Woodbridge, Angus C.
|Relations||Show Related Records...|