|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Photograph. Sepia-toned photo showing a typical cross-section detail for the construction of underground electrical duct banks along the south side of River Street (now W. Jefferson Ave.). The detail looks eastward along River Street approximately from the intersection of Crawford Avenue and shows the placement configuration and dimensions for two duct banks. The conduits in each duct bank are arranged 3 horizontally and 5 vertically.
Existing wood frame and brick houses and businesses can be seen along River Street on the left side of the image. A decorative wrought iron fence on the south side of the street marks the property line of the Fort Wayne complex and the detail indicates that the duct banks were to be placed on the fort property. (Photos 1933.082.004 and 1933.082.005, however, show the duct banks being constructed outside the fence and not on fort property.) One of the fort barracks buildings can be seen in the right background area of the image. Handwritten text on the verso shows "Laying of first electric lighting conduit."
|Print size||10" x 12.5"|
|Dimension Details||Image size is 7.5" x 9.75"|
W. Jefferson Avenue
Underground Electrical Conduit
|Relations||Show Related Records...|