Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 2012.022.679
Object Name Print, Photographic
Description Black and white photograph taken from an elevated position--likely from the University's Main Building (now Old Main)--overlooking land cleared for the construction of Wayne State University's campus on the west side of Cass Avenue north of Warren Avenue. While much of the blocks purchased by the University for expansion are clear, several houses remain standing. Large tents are set up on the north end of the property. The Cass and Ferry Apartments are visible in the background along Cass Avenue on the right. "Oct 6 1967," is stamped on the verso
Date c. 1945
Year Range from 1943
Year Range to 1948
Print size 10" x 8"
Collection Education
Search Terms Wayne State University
Construction
Midtown
Cass Avenue
Putnam Street
Merrick Street