The Town and Fortifications of Detroit AD 1796,
City of Detroit AD 1845
|Scope & Content||One map entitled "The Town and Fortifications of Detroit AD 1796, City of Detroit AD 1845." In black ink on linen, the map shows the layout of the town and fort as of 1796 including the names and locations of property owners at that time. Several areas have been tinted light blue. The map also shows the layout of the downtown area as of 1845 which has been superimposed faintly in red ink. The superimposed area extends from Woodward Avenue on the east, to the Detroit River on the south, to Cass Street on the west, and to Lafayette Street on the north. The map appears to be drawn at a scale of approximately 1 inch = 100 feet and helps to show the location relationship between the old and new cities.|
|Extent of Description||
18.25" x 22.75"
|Relations||Show Related Records...|