Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1949.019.042
Object Name Print
Scope & Content Print of a black and white illustration depicting a view of churches on the east side of Woodward Avenue in 1849. Pictured, from left to right, are First Methodist Episcopal Church, the Old Blanchard Building, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, the Session Room, and the First Presbyterian Church. Congress Street is located between the First Methodist Episcopal Church and the Old Blanchard Building, and Larned Street is located to the right of the First Presbyterian Church. Several horse drawn carts and pedestrians can be seen in the foreground of the illustration. Mounted on cardboard.
Date c. 1849
Extent of Description 11.25" x 6.875"
Collection Detroit Views
Search Terms Woodward Avenue
Congress Street
Larned Street
First Methodist Episcopal Church
Old Blanchard Building
St. Paul's Episcopal Church
First Presbyterian Church